The George Hotel Is Open
From 12th April 2021, The George Hotel is open for outdoor dining and drinks.
We can't wait to welcome you back!
The George Hotel Remains Closed
The George Hotel remains closed whilst Tier 3 restrictions are in place.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
The George Hotel has temporarily shut its doors until further notice following the Tier 3 announcement.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Updated rules and guidelines at The George
Following the recent update from Prime Minister Boris Johnson, The George has now implemented the below rules.
- Bar and restaurant will close at 10.00pm, if you are staying with us we are more than happy to provide room service after this time
- Last orders for dinner will be 8.30pm and from the bar 9:45pm
- Table service only, drinks will not be served at the bar
- Face coverings must be worn in all public areas of the hotel unless seated at a table
- Members of staff will wear face masks at all times
- Customers will be required to fill in track and trace details via our in-house form or the NHS Covid-19 QR code system
- We are unable to take bookings for parties larger than 6 people and guests will only be able to congregate within the hotel to a maximum of 6 in the same party for the full length of your stay with us
- Social distancing (2 metres where possible) will need to continue to be followed
We thank you in advance and look forward to welcoming you to The George.
Reopening The George
The George is looking forward to welcoming guests back to the hotel on Saturday 4th July. We want you feel as safe at the hotel as you would at home.
We have put into place enhancements to our already high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Further information of the actions we have taken can be found below. If I can be of any further help please contact me directly firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Vines, General Manager
General Hotel Policies
- Hotel staff and guests asked to observe at least 1m social distancing whilst in the hotel
- Sanitiser and wipes available throughout hotel
- Staff will be wearing PPE, in addition guests will have access if required (available on request)
- Frequent sanitising rota of high-use touch points including door handles & wiping down of all surfaces in communal areas
Reception/Check in/Check out
- We will be introducing a contactless check in system with registration cards emailed prior to arrival and a link to provide payment information
- Sanitiser and wipes
- All keys will be sanitised prior to arrival and placed in door ready for check in
- All guests to be encouraged to provide an estimated arrival time to minimise over capacity at reception
- Room bills to be provided contactless prior to check out, through email
- Each room will be sanitised on departure before deep cleaning.
- All decorative cushions and throws removed from room
- In room dining menus available through email, if this is not possible for some guests, a disposable copy will be given
- High touch points will be sanitised such as tv remotes, switches, door handles
- All staff will be using correct PPE including mask, gloves and aprons for each room cleaned
- Refresh of linen and towels for stay over guests on request basis only
Restaurants & Bars
- Bar and restaurants combined with all spaces available for dining or beverages, including our courtyard suite and boardroom
- Capacity of restaurants and bar reduced to allow at least 1m distance between tables
- Separate hand sanitising station for staff to be used before and after every table visit
- All serving staff to wear face masks
- Disposable menus discarded after use
- Our courtyard has socially distanced tables and will be available for al fresco dining
- Cutlery and condiments will be brought to the table after order
- Induction and ongoing training of Covid measures with all staff trained before resuming work
- Regular hand washing
- Provided PPE at the start of each shift
George to reopen on 4th July 2020
Dear all George's friends,
Firstly, we would like to thank all of you for your continued support in these challenging times. We are excited to be reopening The George and cannot wait to see you all. We are delighted to reopen our doors on Saturday 4th July in line with the current Government guidelines.
We have been working towards ensuring that all our guests feel safe and welcome when they return to stay with us. We have been following governmental guidelines, which will allow us to reopen a safe environment for both guests and staff. The measures which we have now put in place have been implemented to create a dependable and comfortable experience. For dining, we currently plan to use our restaurant, lounge, and function rooms, as well as our small Courtyard should you wish to dine outside. This means we can offer greater spacing between each guest. For our bedroom accommodation we have extra cleaning measures in place, as well as a revised approach to checking in and out.
We will be serving a smaller number of guests, so that we can follow the advice of two metres of social distancing where possible. Where social distancing is more difficult and this would cause a detrimental effect to the guest experience, we will have additional control measures in place.
We ask that where possible any dining reservations be made by telephone so that a member of our team can explain in more detail our new policies and procedures. These include the requirement of a deposit of £5pp for afternoon tea and £10pp for dinner. We will not be able to offer any tables without a reservation and whilst the bar will be closed, a comprehensive drinks and wine list will be available for guests dining in the restaurant.
George’s high level of hygiene will of course continue and additional measures will be put in place; the team undergo additional training and will continually monitor all public areas to ensure guest safety.
All the team at The George are looking forward to getting back to what we do best: offering delicious food and stunning accommodation. We want you to be able to have a great time whilst feeling comfortable and safe. Our goal is the same as always, to provide great service whilst bringing you amazing food and drink. We will be continually reviewing the way we work in line with new information as it is released, and we look forward to welcoming you all back as soon as we can.
If you wish to book a room or a table, please book via our website or call 01433 650436 - the phone lines have never closed! For any additional requests please feel free to contact our reception team on email@example.com
General Manager, The George Hotel
An update from The George
Further to the announcement by the Prime Minister, Boris Johnson on Friday 20th March, whilst the hotel continues to be open for guests requiring accommodation, the restaurant and bar at The George will be closed. Room Service will be served to anyone staying with us.
Thank you to all of our guests for your continued interest and support in The George.
Sign up to our newsletter to keep in touch and hear our latest news here.
We look forward to welcoming you to The George in the not too distant future.